Festival season is back! Everyone enjoys donning brand-new attire comprised of luxurious materials and sophisticated details. We’re all baffled about how to clean and keep the new outfits after the event, though. If we could just throw our nice clothing in the washing machine with our ordinary clothes, life would be simple. For dry cleaning clothes, we need different handling and care. So let us have a look at the different types of clothes before getting dry cleaning clothes done in Mumbai.
What Fabrics Need Dry Cleaning?
You cannot wash these clothing in the washing machine if they have heavy or unusually blended fabrics, or if they have embellishments like lace, sequins, or delicate buttons. To protect the sequin work and extend the fabric’s life, they must be dry cleaned. Silk, lace, wool, or other knit textiles are used for dry cleaning clothes.
- Silk: Strong, inherent threads found in silk garments prevent it from fully absorbing the dyes needed to color it. If you wash it in soap and water, the fabric will shrink and become distorted in addition to losing its color. Silk should only be dry cleaned to maintain the vibrancy of the colors and the structural integrity of the fabric
- Wool: If you don’t dip the wool fabric in water, which could cause it to shrink, the wool fabric can be just as durable as silk. You may reduce this risk and extend the lifespan of your wool clothing by dry washing
- Suede: A unique kind of leather made mostly from lambskin, cow, and goat hide is known as suede. Suede is pricey, but it’s quite hard to keep clean. In addition to chemical-based cleaning agents, it is sensitive to light, humidity, and liquid cleaners. You can be confident that your suede is properly cleaned and cared for by hiring dry cleaning specialists who use non-toxic chemicals.
- Leather: Usually, leather clothing comes with specific maintenance instructions that must be strictly followed. Leather should only be dry cleaned to get rid of really bad stains like oil spills and ink stains.
- Linen: A fabric made from flax is linen. In comparison to cotton, it dries more quickly and is quite robust and absorbent. With linen, you have a few alternatives. Although this can be manually washed and allowed to air dry, it frequently needs to be ironed because flax fibers are considered to be more effective and fresh in warm temperatures. Unfortunately, linen clothing can lose its crispness and quality overall if it is handled improperly. The best cleaning method for this fabric is dry cleaning!
- Rayon: Do you know what rayon is? This one is a little contentious because, in contrast to the textiles previously listed, it is semi-synthetic. It is made of dyed, pure cellulose fibers, but when washed in warm water, it may bleed. It will contract as a result and lose its shape. Dry cleaning is the safest method, even though hand washing in cold water with a light detergent is an alternative.
- Denim: Contrary to what many people think, denim cannot be dried in a dryer. Despite being sturdy, the cloth should be washed inside-out in cold water and dried by hanging. The majority of fine denim, particularly those that are in their most natural state, will benefit more from dry washing.
Stains That Can Be Removed From Dry Cleaning Clothes
The first step is to determine the source of the stain. Depending on that, it is known what supplies are needed to carefully remove stains from the fabric with dry cleaning in Mumbai.
- Oil Based: These are stains that result from butter, grease, cooking oils, salad sauce, body oils, moisturizers, and cosmetics.
- Food Based: This includes stains from beverages including wine, juice, jams, ketchup, mustard, and tea or coffee that have been spilled.
- Proteins Based: As a protein-based stain, urine, eggs, blood, meat, and grass stains, vomit, all qualify.
How Dry Cleaning Works?
The term “dry cleaning” is rather misleading because dry cleaning services in Mumbai use a cleaning solvent to remove dirt and stains from clothes rather than utilizing soapy water to do it.
Due to its effectiveness, perchloroethylene, often known as perc, has been used extensively in dry cleaning and has become the industry standard. After the fabric has been cleaned, the cleaning solution is removed, and the garments are pressed to remove creases. The chemical solvent for dry cleaning is successfully recovered in the extractor and used again, preventing environmental pollution from evaporating into the air.
It’s vital to understand correct dry-cleaning techniques and the kinds of clothing that can be securely cleaned. Furthermore, the care tag typically indicates the type of cleaning the clothing needs. Call one of the best best dry cleaners in Mumbai, Alter Dry at +918879121121 for further information about the appropriate way to care for your clothing, and dry cleaning charges in Mumbai. Also, note if it has no care label, we will provide you with some broad suggestions on how to care for various materials.
Always check with the dry cleaner before bringing in your clothing for cleaning. Some dry cleaners might be very picky about the kinds of clothes they clean, how the clothes should be packed, and other guidelines to make sure your clothes are returned looking brand new.
Also Read: dry-cleaning-for-summer-clothes